Monday October 28, 2013

  1. Good Morning,

    Up early and already organized to head out the door early due to what is turning out to be a busy day for me. D has gone to her office so she will be heading out to door to do PRN visits for anyone who is off sick or on vacation. I know she will do very well but I will miss her especially today. LOL

    Great weekend being out and about with the dogs, they were very happy and I think they are still feeling tired from their exercise. Banjo set a very hard pace yesterday all the way until we got back to the truck so I know he is exhausted.

    Slept well, we both did which was awesome and now I am ready to get my day under way.

    Hope you are all doing well and have had a wonderful weekend full of fun and good stuff.

    Going to head off as I really have not time to sit here yacking on. LOL

    May you all be safe, blessed, go out and make a difference in some one else's life.

    Much love to you all.
  2. 5 Comments

  3. by   Joe NightingMale
    Morning Sabby

    Yesterday was kind of busy, with the cleaning in the morning then the afternoon picking up and returning my visitor to the airport. Nice to see her in person, she's rarely in this area. I'll have to try to keep the place cleaner in the future, it'll save me some work.

    Today it's back to work, don't anticipate any problems. Should be fairly quiet, now that all the training is done.

    Been thinking about a return to Wisconsin, either after Thanksgiving or the week before, given that my last trip there was disappointing. Doing some research, if I go I'd like to do some different things this time.
  4. by   Ted
    Good Morning -

    It's 8:43 AM (EST) here.

    (Sniff, sniff). . . I think I'm getting a small head-cold, with a slightly scratchy throat. I usually get these annoying colds when the weather starts getting colder and the dry hot air from our home's furnace begins circulate dust (and germs). Ugh.

    I work today and tomorrow. So, after I finish with some household chores, I will do my usual "life around work" routine. It's a very, very repeated and predictable routine. LOL!

    Yesterday was a GREAT day! First, the church choir anthem sounded really nice. After church and choir rehearsal, Amy and I traveled 50+ miles to the "local" Catskill Mountains and met up with aknottedyarn (AKY) for a pleasant visit and dinner together. It is always nice meeting friends from allnurses. This would be my second time visiting AKY in person during the past year! AKY is a very lovely lady. Very smart with a good sense of humor! Although she's surviving some loss and grief now, it is heart-warming to see that she's surrounding herself with family and friends. (She spent a good portion of the week-end visiting family.) It was (is) an honor being part of her week-end plans. I hope that we can get together soon in the not too distant future.

    I see that other friends from allnurses and FB have met up with each other during the weekend, too. It seems that they had a nice time meeting each other, too. I'll let them tell their happy story should they choose to.

    I hope all who travel here have a pleasant day today! Warmest regards to all of you. . .

  5. by   Spidey's mom
    Morning all. Quick check-in as I've got to get to work. Spidey came down with a fever - no other symptoms. Amazing how hot to touch a kiddo is when he's feverish. Dh and I decided to let him stay home on the couch watching cartoons while we head to work. Fortunately our day affords us time to stop in and check on him. And he can call us. He's 12 . . . time for some independence. Plus, he used to go with dh to work and lay down in the office. Much more comfy to stay on home the couch.

    Have a great Monday! Good to read about AN folks getting together!
  6. by   TopazLover
    Good day all.
    As Ted says, we had a wonderful time together with his wife. While the restaurant was a bit out of the way it was very manageable and the food and conversation made it well worth the few miles it took. I arrived back home around 10:30 a bit too wound to sleep. This morning came early. One of my friends and I cleared out the office of all belongings. The story of why is long and not great but I have my desk that SO got me at home and am surrounded by my plants I have plenty to put away but am happy that I have gotten as far as I have today.

    My hamper is full from the weekend. I will do laundry tomorrow, I think.

    I got to spend time with my DN's wife and new baby. What a great treat. Missed seeing a couple of the family but did manage bkft with DSis and dinner with the other DSis. Attended half a soccer game but my blood is too thin for the wind chill at the field so I left at half time when my DN and her kids showed up. My high school team won the sectionals 6-2. The field is named after one of my classmates who came back and led the soccer team to many championships in his tenure as teacher and coach. He is now retired. I looked around and saw no one I recognized. It is hard to remember that I have been gone for the better part of 50 years.

    Now on my way to the store. I need to get some good food and some electrical tape for a small project.

    Best get a move on. I am a bit sluggish this afternoon. I still have many boxes to unpack from the office and just the regular workload to plow through.

    Enjoy the rest of your day.
  7. by   Ted
    Glad you made it home safe and sound, AKY.