Momma says........

  1. Did your parents or friends have a great pearl of wisdom or saying that you remember to this day? Here's a couple that I remember.

    Momma says- Leave your garden in the fall the way you want to see it in the spring. (advice taken)

    Daddy says- Just as easy to fall in love with a rich man as a poor man. (advice not taken lol)

    Have a great day!
    •  
  2. 32 Comments

  3. by   cactus wren


    Got the same advice, but from different parents....my dad was a landscaper....and took my dada, but ignored my mom`s....
  4. by   OBNURSEHEATHER
    My mom always told me never to start a fight, but never to walk away from one.

    I usually follow that. (I try, I really do!)
    Last edit by OBNURSEHEATHER on Feb 20, '03
  5. by   Tweety
    To this day mom says "You can't take it with you...may as well enjoy life."

    My answer is "that's o.k. for me, but your spending my inheritance when you live like that!". (There's really nothing to inherit, but when we're spending money, we have to have a way of rationalizing it.)
  6. by   SmilingBluEyes
    I like Nike's wisdom:

    ****Life's short...play hard.****

    works for me.
  7. by   JedsMom
    Momma said to learn to be independent before you marry so that when you do marry you stay that way because you want to be and not because you feel you have to.

    She also said don't begin anything in a marriage that you don't want to continue for the duration of it. (like back scratching, etc.
  8. by   colleen10
    My mama always says, "No one has to live with your conscience but you."

    My mummy always says "Don't be beholden to anyone."
  9. by   Robin61970
    My mom always said....Never think you are better than anyone else and treat everyone the same. I follow that to the letter.....
  10. by   shygirl
    "Don't sh*t where you eat".
  11. by   Heather333
    Dad always said "85% of what you worry about nevery happens and the other 15% you can't do a damn thing about"

    So true.
    Heather
  12. by   shudokan-RN
    Don't run with scissors

    I still call now and then and say "I'm running with scissors"
  13. by   Lausana
    Originally posted by macox
    Don't run with scissors

    I still call now and then and say "I'm running with scissors"
    :chuckle
  14. by   MrsK1223
    My mom always said "Never settle for second best"

close