Fail proof Boiled eggs:
1. use eggs at least 5 days old.
2. Place in pot of cold water from egg container with enough watrer covering over tops of eggs. Add dash of salt.
3. Let sit in pan on stove BEFORE turning on for 10-15 min.
4. Turn burner on high. As soon as water comes to rolling boil, cover, turn off heat and move to unused burner--let sit in covered pan 20 minutes. (Set timmer).
5. immediately drain, then pour cold water over eggs. I let them sit about 3 minutes, dump out water then pour more cold water over. Sit 5 minutes
Originally posted by WashYaHands
If you roll the hard boiled egg on a hard surface with the palm of your hand with just enough pressure to crack the shell, it should peel off easily.
Peeling this way works ever time. for me too!
Cooked this way , you will not have hard grey margins to eggs either.
Eat and enjoy!
My secret ingrediant in egg sald or deviled eggs: add pinch marjoram LEAVES----yummy.