I NEVER want to return to school!!!

  1. I just finished a two-day PALS course. It drove me insane. I THOUGHT I was seriously interested in returning for my BSN, but this sealed my fate. I determined that 7yrs of floor nursing has made me ADHD...I just can't stand sitting still for 8 hrs!

    I sat down last night to study..after 15mins, before I realized, I had turned on FoxNews and was into the war coverage. I'm not feeling like I got much out of this course.. I wonder why? I just wasn't impressed, wasn't challenged, yet there were things I learned...things I NEEDED to learn. My God, I just pray I passed the written exam..the THOUGHT of having to do it over is horrifying!

    Anyone else had this experience...this inability to sit still, this ADHD???
    •  
  2. 22 Comments

  3. by   Mimi Wheeze
    You just described me to a T! Every moment I study is a painful exercise in motivatin and self-control. I get so hyper and edgy, and can't keep my mind on the subject at hand.

    I struggle all the time with it. I thought it was only me!
  4. by   ShandyLynnRN
    Yeppers. Definitely! I also thought I would return for my BSN, but I haven't even been able to sit still long enough to thoroughly study my PCEP for OB. Thank goodness we aren't actually graded on it!

    I just find studying like trying to stuff my already overfilled brain. It's like I cannot concentrate. My brain doesn't like accepting new info anymore, lol!

    So no, you're not alone!
  5. by   l.rae
    Originally posted by nurs4kids
    I just finished a two-day PALS course. It drove me insane. I THOUGHT I was seriously interested in returning for my BSN, but this sealed my fate. I determined that 7yrs of floor nursing has made me ADHD...I just can't stand sitting still for 8 hrs!

    I sat down last night to study..after 15mins, before I realized, I had turned on FoxNews and was into the war coverage. I'm not feeling like I got much out of this course.. I wonder why? I just wasn't impressed, wasn't challenged, yet there were things I learned...things I NEEDED to learn. My God, I just pray I passed the written exam..the THOUGHT of having to do it over is horrifying!

    Anyone else had this experience...this inability to sit still, this ADHD???

    OMG!!...tomorrow is my 2nd day of PALS and l was thinking the exact same thing! PLUS, l am nite shifter and it is just vulgar to have to be up and out of the house by 730! l work in a busy ER, talk about not being able to sit still, l know exactly how you feel.

    Are you saying they don't tell you if you passed on the day you test.....<sigh>.....
  6. by   Stargazer
    Originally posted by l.rae
    PLUS, l am nite shifter and it is just vulgar to have to be up and out of the house by 730!
    Heh. I'm not a night shifter, and I still think that's vulgar!
  7. by   emily_mom
    I have lost my ambition also...thank God I'm done in 1 1/2 months!
  8. by   MelRN13
    Originally posted by emily_mom
    I have lost my ambition also...thank God I'm done in 1 1/2 months!
    Ditto on that.
  9. by   CountrifiedRN
    Originally posted by emily_mom
    I have lost my ambition also...thank God I'm done in 1 1/2 months!
    Ditto! 48 Days left here, including weekends and Easter holiday.
  10. by   Stargazer
    Originally posted by emily_mom
    I have lost my ambition also...thank God I'm done in 1 1/2 months!
    You get it back eventually. When I finished my degree, I was so completely fried I couldn't imagine ever wanting to go back to school. EVER. Now I want to again.
  11. by   ShandyLynnRN
    I dunno. It's been 5 years for me, and I want to go back, but I just can't even stand the thought of homework again. Not that it's an option with being single, working, etc. When I was in school, I couldn't work. I tried, but it just left my plate too full. That is one thing good that came out of my marraige. He put me through school, without complaining about it either
  12. by   Angelica
    I've been trying to motivate myself to study for an algebra midterm for the past couple days. But I just can't. I'm so undisciplined! I've been on this board non-stop--I need some kind of 12 step program.
  13. by   ShandyLynnRN
    I find that I get online way too much, and end up skipping things like laundry, etc.

    I have started purposefully running scandisc and defrag, which takes a while, just so I CAN'T get online during that time, and have to go do something else, lol.
  14. by   ucandoit
    I have been diagnosed with ADHD for about 10 years and I take Adderal for it! Believe me it WORKS!!! The attention span battle is a distant memory!

close