I posted this thread in the student section but I thought some of you might not see it there so I am posting it in this topic too!
YIPPIEE -- I have received a questionnaire from the nursing program. I have created a rough draft and already know what my answers are going to be but I wanted to post the questions here to see if you guys had any suggestions on what you think they might WANT to hear from me....
1. What motivated you to pursue a nursing career? Why now?
2. What qualities do you feel are important for a person going into the nursing profession?
3. What do you feel are your strongest characteristics?
4. If working, what do you like best about your job? Like least?
5. If working, what do you dislike about your employer?
6. Why should we admit you into the program?
7. What do you plan to be doing in nursing five years from now?
If you know of any special points I need to make to help make myself more desirable please share them! I would appreciate it greatly!
THANKS - LINDA
May 16, '02
I know this is not the type of answer you're looking for but....
Just be yourself. And use common sense. I interviewed a nursing student one day for a Nurse Externship position. During the interview she said to me... "Nursing students get blamed for everything!! I don't do anything more than I absolutely have to!" Needless to say, she didn't get the job.
May 17, '02
I would caution you that if you are working right now, and there is something you really dislike about your job, try to pick something rather neutral that everyone would dislike. That is one of the very sticky questions there, I think. Otherwise, be yourself, thats who they want to meet. Best Wishes, Katie