Hello Dear Friends ! :spin:
OMG... it has been a LONG time, yes?
What a challenging two weeks.... and it's going to be a LONG
6 mos. :uhoh21:
Mom is currently sitting on the front porch, bundled up, while we have a tiny bit of sunshine and temps in teh fifities instead of the frigid 20's and 30's we had all last week. Tomorrow getting colder again with rain and by Monday 50-60 mph winds, so let her out while the weather permits.
And that is about the ONLY time I get to myself, to take a few minutes to breathe... and come on here !!! I have needed this. I misss you all SO MUCH!!!
I have no idea what's going on with all of you, I am so out of the loop. Feel free to pm me or drop me an email and fill me in from time to time.. I may not have time to respond, but I do take a minute here and there to check my inbox.
OK.. quick update before I go prepare supper:
Mom is truly a challenge.. seems to be transitioning reasonably well, but stays pretty confused, especially from 4pm on.
Just a few "bullet" notes on what all she has gotten into so far...
* decided it was too far to walk to the bathroom with her walker one noc and peed in my dresser drawer. (and all over the carpet, down the side of the bed, matress, etc.)
* obsesses about our mailbox and our neighbor checking his which is adjacent to ours.. she thinks he's taking our mail.
* obsesses about our open garage, we have no pulldown door on it and she just can't comprehend that. "PPL can break in the house if there's no garage door!"
* waits for phone calls from her Momma and Pappa
* has gotten so used to dh sitting in the living room with her in front of the tv, she now believes he is her fella from Germany, calls him "sweetie pie", "schatzilein", etc. Last noc she insisted on following him to bed, then couldn't understand why he was going to bed without her.."but he sleeps with me EVERY NIGHT.. why not tonight?"
* bath time is the pits... it's all I can do to get her to agree to take a bath, no matter how easy and pleasant I make it for her with shower chair, pampering,etc. She stubbornly refuses and I have to practically force her.
* got her signed up for HH.. took her to see my doc yesterday. Her blood sugars are very high.. nonfasting 350-400. Fasting about 130.
Going to monitor them for the next few days for several x day and see how they run.. may have to make some med adjustments there. I feed her only truly healthy foods, no added sugars, and only an occasional sugar free treat.. Pati had done the same.
* she still often thinks she's at some hotel, or in Vienna, mostly at nocs. Bedtime is usaully good, thank goodness. She's not given me any problems yet there. Sleeps well.
Before I head out the door in the am I change her depends, wash her bottom real good, give her her early morning meds, check her FBG, and put on her ted hose (which she HATES!) and always tries to roll down after I'm gone.
Then she lies back down for awhile 'til dh calls her for B'Fast. She dresses herself and comes to the table.
I absolutely could not do this without him.. he is soooooooo good with her!
He covers until I get home, then it's nonstop from there until bedtime.. I always dread the 3-4 pm hour as I know the sundowning will begin full force.
OK.. that's all the time I have for now... better get her off the porch and start fixing dinner.
Love you all ! Hope I can come back again sooner than later. I miss you all very, very much!