Bwwwaaa...my baby is 26 today...Bwwwaaa!!!

  1. dear allnurses siblings, administrator = brian, super moderators, moderators, and lurkers

    today, i am feeling quite blue.....reason for using "blue" as the color of my thread.

    "why are you feelin' blue today, renee?" you so compassionately ask.

    because my baby girl is 26 years old today.

    tell me loved ones....how does a mother get use to her babies growing older? i've emailed her five birthday cards already, and i'm sure i'll send her more before the stroke of midnight tonight. i've already called her on the telephone and sang "happy birthday" to her....which made the baby cry....cause he heard gramma singing in both their ears. :chuckle

    tell me pleezzzz....help a mommy get through this day when she finally realizes that not only are her kids getting older...she is too!
    •  
  2. 41 Comments

  3. by   Weinzel
    (((Cheerfuldoer))) You and your family are all such BEAUTIFUL people. I've seen all the pics you've posted, and you're all just beautiful. Just wanted to let you know that. As for feeling the way you do today...I can just offer hugs. (((Cheerfuldoer))) Hope you feel better today!! :kiss

    Lisa
  4. by   Love-A-Nurse
    renee's baby happy birthday! and many, many, more happy and healthy years!
  5. by   ~FloridaCCRN~
    Happy birthday to your daughter cheerfuldoer!
    Looking at your avatar I would have never guessed you could have a baby age 26! Remember.. age is a state of mind....it's all about 'how old do you feel'
  6. by   live4today
    Thank you Lisa and Stephany! I am sooooo humbly proud of my three daughters, their spouses, and all of my wonderful grandchildren. I just wish they were still little at times.....notice I said "at times". :chuckle

    Remember that song that goes like this:

    Is this the little girl I carried?
    When did she get to be so tall?
    I can't remember growing older...
    When did she?

    Sunrise....Sunset
    Sunrise....Sunset
    Quickly roll the days

    I can't remember growing older!
    So...when did they?

    Beatiful song....thank you for allowing this Old Mom to reminesce. (sp)
  7. by   live4today
    Originally posted by graduate_2002
    Happy birthday to your daughter cheerfuldoer!
    Looking at your avatar I would have never guessed you could have a baby age 26! Remember.. age is a state of mind....it's all about 'how old do you feel'
    Oh....thank you so much, graduate_2002! At the end of today, I am going to email my babygirl this thread in honor of her special day today! To think....26 years ago today, I was a pregnant patient about to give birth! All that labor......all that pushing....and out she came....beautiful and looking every bit like her Mommy. :kiss I just love her so. I've loved all three of my babies since the day of their conception. When they were "in utero"...I talked to them, sang to them, hummed songs to them, gave them lots of soft warm rubs by rubbing my own tummy as if rubbing their own little bodies. I ate (boy did I eat)....slept and breathed for them....to give them life....to have the honor of raising them....and being their mom. What a gift! :kiss
  8. by   Brownms46
    happy day to ya baby...happy birthday to ya baby.... happy brithday!! :hatparty:

    well...renee...you should be jumping for joy! why?? because they all have great spouses...and are living on their own...:chuckle.

    renee i'm kidding...and as a mom i can understand exactly how you feel. no matter who old she gets...you will still be mom..and she will still be your baby. be happy...just be thankful...she is safe and sound...and in good health.
  9. by   live4today
    Thank you very much Brownie! She'll appreciate the cheerful greetings! :kiss

    I remember joining in on an AOL thread years ago after my "BABY" left the nest. I was having that "Empty Nest Syndrome" BIG TIME!!! Anyway...I posed what I thought was a sincere question to the "Empty Nesters" at AOL to ask their opinion about how they were learning to cope with the "Empty Nest Syndrome". One lady responded to me by saying, "HA! Honey, I wish I had your problem! I've still got rugrats running wild in my nest!" I have yet to find one mother who is sad about her children leaving home, and no longer having them home to love each day. To me....that is sooooo sad!

    I even wanted to start adopting children when my children left home, but hubby #2 said "NO....he had had his fill of parenting from the nest, and wanted to only leave the nest open for the kiddies to return on vacations and emergencies. :chuckle He says "We've got enough grandchildren to start our own circus!" :chuckle
  10. by   warrior woman
    Renee. Couldn't help but hear you're feeling a little blue today. Well know that I have my strong arms wrapped around you in love at this very moment and forevermore. To YOUR kiddo, I only hope you love your mother and look upon her with the same wonder and respect that I do every day. She deserves nothing less.:kiss Ilove you both Warrior Woman.
  11. by   ~FloridaCCRN~
    Originally posted by cheerfuldoer


    Oh....thank you so much, graduate_2002! At the end of today, I am going to email my babygirl this thread in honor of her special day today! To think....26 years ago today, I was a pregnant patient about to give birth! All that labor......all that pushing....and out she came....beautiful and looking every bit like her Mommy. :kiss I just love her so. I've loved all three of my babies since the day of their conception. When they were "in utero"...I talked to them, sang to them, hummed songs to them, gave them lots of soft warm rubs by rubbing my own tummy as if rubbing their own little bodies. I ate (boy did I eat)....slept and breathed for them....to give them life....to have the honor of raising them....and being their mom. What a gift! :kiss
    Wow! that was soo sweet :kiss .....they should feel honored to have been born to such a wonderful, loving mom too :kiss
  12. by   RNinICU
    Renee, you have a beautiful family. Nothing made me feel older than when my oldest turned thirty. He will be thirty two next month, and I am coping with that OK. I think it is amazing that we were both so young when we had our children. I was five when my first was born, so that makes me 37. I'm guessing you were about the same age when your baby was born.
  13. by   live4today
    Originally posted by warrior woman
    Renee. Couldn't help but hear you're feeling a little blue today. Well know that I have my strong arms wrapped around you in love at this very moment and forevermore. To YOUR kiddo, I only hope you love your mother and look upon her with the same wonder and respect that I do every day. She deserves nothing less.:kiss Ilove you both Warrior Woman.
    Thank you, Theresa! I love you too girlfriend! :kiss
  14. by   live4today
    Originally posted by RNinICU
    Renee, you have a beautiful family. Nothing made me feel older than when my oldest turned thirty. He will be thirty two next month, and I am coping with that OK. I think it is amazing that we were both so young when we had our children. I was five when my first was born, so that makes me 37. I'm guessing you were about the same age when your baby was born.
    Your post comment has me rolling in laughter, woman!

    My OLDEST...a girl (awwwww)...will turn 32 next month, too! WOW!!! Let's see....that makes me what.....36 now.

close