this ought to make you feel better about your computer skills!
1. tech support: what kind of computer do you have?
female customer: a white one...
2. customer: hi, this is celine. i can't get my diskette out.
tech support: have you tried pushing the button?
customer: yes, sure, it's really stuck.
tech support: that doesn't sound good; i'll make a note.
customer: no, wait a minute... i hadn't inserted it yet... it's still on my
3. tech support: click on the 'my computer' icon on to the left of the screen. the screen.
male customer: your left or my left?
4. tech support: good day. how may i help you?
male customer: hello... i can't print.
tech support: would you click on "start" for me and...
customer: listen pal; don't start getting technical on me! i'm not bill gates.
5. customer: hi, good afternoon, this is martha, i can't print. every time i try, it says 'can't find printer'. i've even lifted the printer and placed it in front of the monitor, but the computer still says it can't find it...
6. customer: i have problems printing in red...
tech support: do you have a color printer?
customer: aaaah....................thank you.
7. tech support: what's on your monitor now, ma'am?
customer: a teddy bear my boyfriend bought for me at the 7-11.
8. customer: my keyboard is not working anymore.
tech support: are you sure it's plugged into the computer?
customer: no. i can't get behind the computer.
tech support: pick up your keyboard and walk 10 paces back
tech support: did the keyboard come with you?
tech support: that means the keyboard is not plugged in. is there another keyboard?
customer: yes, there's another one here. ah...that one does work...
9. tech support: your password is the small letter "a" as in apple, a capital letter v as in victor, the number 7.
male customer: is that 7 in capital letters?
10. customer: i can't get on the internet.
tech support: are you sure you used the right password?
customer: yes, i'm sure. i saw my colleague do it.
tech support: can you tell me what the password was?
customer: five stars.
11. tech support: what anti-virus program do you use?
tech support: that's not an anti-virus program.
customer: oh, sorry...internet explorer.
12. customer: i have a huge problem. a friend has placed a screen saver on my computer, but every time i move the mouse, it disappears.
13. tech support: how may i help you?
customer: i'm writing my first e-mail.
tech support: ok, and what seems to be the problem?
customer: well, i have the letter 'a' in the address, but how do i get the circle around it?
14. a customer called the canon help desk with a problem with a printer.
tech support: are you running it under windows?
customer: "no, my desk is next to the door, but that is a good point. the man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his printer is working fine."
and last but not least...
15. tech support: "okay bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. that brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. now type the letter "p" to bring up the program manager"
customer: i don't have a p.
tech support: on your keyboard, bob.
customer: what do you mean?
tech support: "p".....on your keyboard, bob.
customer: i'm not going to do that!
Oct 9, '06
These are too funny! Loved 10 and 14!!!
Oct 9, '06
I don't feel nearly so bad about my computer skills now!
Oct 10, '06
My BF does tech support. He just hates people at the end of the day. Those people give so much abuse.
Oct 10, '06
Had to have computer repaired, when I got it back, I got on the net a few times, then suddenly couldn't. Called my server, she took me through every diagnostic and resetting there was. Finally told me my wireless card must be out, go back to repairman.
Geek squad: works on the internet here? He pushed the little wireless button on the top, which turned on the internet option. I TRIED THAT! Said the LED light was out, so couldn't tell if it was on or not. Nothing like knowing where the ON/OFF button is :imbar
Oct 11, '06
Thanks for posting that Siri!!
That was hilarious! My husband is a software engineer and sometimes he has to field these questions. I've forwarded iit to him, because I know he'll get a good laugh out of it, too!!
Must Read Topics