Question- Friends on ANRegister Today!
- by OnlybyHisgraceRN Apr 13, '12What does it mean to be "friends" with someone on AN. What are the benefits?
- Apr 13, '12 by sharpeimomlet's see....
fb friend sometimes
sharing nonnursing interests and jokes
occasional worrying and griping sessions
the knowledge that someone has your back when you need it
talking about our spouses and pets and kids and grandchildren
who can think of more?
- Apr 14, '12 by MeriwhenIn technical terms, Friends/Contacts are another way of interacting with other members at the form. It's "Friends" if both of you choose to connect to each other (i.e., you and I friend each other), "Contacts" if the connection is one way (e.g., you friend me but I don't reciprocate).
You can use Friends/Contacts to determine who can send you private messages and what people see on your profile.
It doesn't mean you have to like the person or even know them. You also don't have to reciprocate every Friends request you receive or even use the system if you don't want. And a word of helpful advice: don't take it too seriously. Just take it for what it is--a tool to help control how you interact with others at the forum--and nothing more.
Hope this helps!
- Apr 14, '12 by OCNRN63Is there some sort of different location to "talk" with your friends, or is it just via PM?
- Apr 14, '12 by efiebkeQuote from OCNRN63It is my understanding that Private Messaging (PMing) a "friend" (or anyone) is the only way of "private communication" that Allnurses provides between two members if they wish to "talk" to each other. Of course, anyone can share their personal email address (or mailing address or phone number) via a PM and continued communication can take place from there.Is there some sort of different location to "talk" with your friends, or is it just via PM?
Throughout the years, I've had the pleasure of meeting in person "friends" that I've met here. It's very cool to meet "internet friends" face to face.Last edit by efiebke on Apr 14, '12
- Apr 14, '12 by Perpetual StudentI have no clue. I accepted someone I'd never heard of's request to be my friend just to see what happened. I didn't notice any potential advantage.