Tuesday - November 5th, 2013 - Good Morning!
- 3Nov 5, '13 by "Ted", BSN, RNGood Morning!
It's 2:40 AM (EST) here in this part of the world. I'm at work. I have (let me do a recount to make sure that the numbers are accurate) NO patients in our ICU. The med/surg floor only has 5 patients. So far, I've finished doing as many of the mandatory education stuff as I can without having to attend an actual in-service. Also, I've helped turn, position and do poop-patrol on the Med/Surg floor. I just came back from the E.R., helped provide care and then helped discharge one patien,t and then helped give medications to another patient. At present, there's only one patient in the E.R., which is nice. So, it's a "Q" night and with only 4 hours and 15 minutes left of my shift, anything can still happen, but so far, so good.
Today is Voting Day! Just want to remind you all. Usually there's a low voter turnout on an "off year". Hopefully that won't be the case this year, especially for our town elections. Voting for small town elections can almost be as important (if not more important) than state and federal elections. At least for my small town, there are definitely some individuals that I would NOT want to see governing our town. Besides voting, I'll be paying bills and then do my usual routine when I work nights.
Hope all is well with everyone. Hope you all are getting a restful night's sleep.
PS - Here's a YouTube video of the Tune, "Lorraine" as performed by Explainer. It's a fun and catchy tune that I hope will brighten you day. ("Boom, boom, boom, boom")
Last edit by "Ted" on Nov 5, '13
- 4Nov 5, '13 by Sabby_NC, BSN, RNGood Morning Ted and all who pop in,
Nice to know you are having a nice shift Ted and praying that it continues for you.
Had a busy but frustrating day in a sense yesterday trying to keep the RN I am retraining focused on what I am teaching him. Praying today will be better where I will see more input and interest from him. *sighs*
Do not really like this coming home at night when it is nearly dark thirty as I cannot get out and play with the dogs which we all miss, going to try and get home a little earlier so they can plan and burn off some energy. Poor boys do not understand this time change and are still in their daylight savings eating habits. LOL
Enjoyed snuggling down early last night where I finished the book I was reading but started another one although I made myself put the book down so I could sleep. Sleep was restless for an hour so then I crashed.
Little cooler in the mornings but still not cool enough for me to don on a coat but I guess that time is coming.
Just bought myself a new set of hiking boots that look very comfy to wear and hopefully keep me from going apex over turkey that I seem to be getting good at.
Hubby surprised me with my Christmas Gift, he stated that he was worried I would be too maimed and battered to enjoy them by Christmas. hahahahaha cheeky bugga!! I laughed when he said that to me but I did promise I will try to be better at not hitting the ground. LOL
Hope you all have a most excellent and happy day.
Much love to you all.
- 5Nov 5, '13 by Joe NightingMaleMorning Sabby and Ted
And another day at work. Don't expect any problems today, though who knows. Thinking a lot about the downsides of my job, which is kind of sad because I like the people I work with, but I think that it's not wise to continue here much longer. Have to think about what I'm looking for and when I'll start looking.
Did some cooking when I got home, was too tired from Sunday to do the exercise bike so I just took it easy and watched "The Return of the Pink Panther". Might do the exercise bike tonight if my legs feel OK.
- 4Nov 5, '13 by EMSnut45, ADN, RN, EMT-PGood morning!!
I got some admin duties done at the firehouse yesterday. Not my favorite to do, but someone has to do it!
Im working today. Again, I have a good crew that will help the shift move quickly. It's rather chilly outside and entering the temps that I'd rather not endure. I guess you could say I'm a fair weather friend-- temps in the 70's-80's is my kinda thing. If it's going to be cold, it better be snowing!! Ahhhhh, but Mother Nature doesn't work like that...
Wishing you all a fantastic Tuesday!!
- 2Nov 5, '13 by BCgradnurse GuideGood morning!
It's chilly here too. The rabbits had ice instead of water in their bowl this AM. I'm so not ready for winter.
I've had a "Q" morning, this afternoon looks to be much busier. Allergies are going away, but asthma exacerbations are starting. Tomorrow I'll be going to computer training for my per diem job. It will be nice to go into the city for the day, and hopefully I'll get out early enough to do a little walking around.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
- 3Nov 5, '13 by cardiacfreakEfiebke, I am so jealous, at 0240 I was admitting a patient with dx of headache whose r eye was dilated and fixed and left eye normal. Anyway long story short, after lumbar puncture that was unsuccessful by 2 residents and pt demanding more dilaudid after already receiving 4mg total in 4 hours and 100mg of Benadryl, he faked a fall. I didn't get home until 0930 when shift was over at 0730. UGH! I have to go back again tonight. I hope tonight is more like your night.
- 3Nov 5, '13 by "Ted", BSN, RNcardiacfreak - I work for a very unique hospital. It's small. It's teeny-tiny small! LOL! It's also designated as a "Critical Care Access Facility" which goes a LONG way in keeping this teeny-tiny hospital open! I used to work for a really, really big teaching hospital. I did enjoy my job there and all of its crazy busyness. I actually miss the work that I used to do there. But, I ain't leaving this hospital unless its doors are closed for good which isn't likely to happen anytime soon.Last edit by "Ted" on Nov 5, '13