Sunday November 24, 2013
- 2Nov 24, '13 by Sabby_NCGood Morning friends,
Brrrrrrrrrrr it is colder than a gold diggers toosh out there this morning, I let the dogs out and got blasted with horridly cold air. The wind is most likely making it feel worse but the dogs sure did not last long out there.
Not sure hubby will be happy to walk them in this frigid weather this morning so I may have to don a coat etc to run them around outside so they get some exercise although I think they are still tired from their mammoth hike yesterday.
I know I have sore muscles in the ol' toosh and legs this morning myself but anyways I guess we will wait and see.
The wind is nasty I can hear it gusting through the trees at the front of the house and the wind chimes outside sure have to be dizzy with all their clanging and banging.
Had a lovely afternoon, wrote a few more poems and have one cogitating in my head as I sit here. Had a wee nap later on then mucked about on the computer for a while. VERY nice day for both of us.
Today I have a little ironing to take care of before I write some emails to friends and a cousin back home. Love these people who have supported me since living in the USA. I would have been lost without them and especially at times when the home sickness hits.
I hope you all have a most excellent day no matter what you get up to, keep warm and be happy.
Much love to you all.
- 3Nov 24, '13 by efiebkeGood Morning -
Recently woke up and currently drinking First Coffee.
Was up around mid-night, last night, finished the DVD duplication thing. There are many things in life that are boring. Duplicating DVDs must hit the top 5 list. Ugh! But, it's done. I should have enough DVDs that our Hospital's Nursing Director can give to each of the nurses who work there. By the way, I do NOT get paid extra to do this. This is just my "thing" that I do for our teeny-tiny hospital. It seems that each nurse has his or her own "thing" that we do that somehow contributes to our hospital's patient education or nursing education or general whatever department. It's nice that we do these things.
Well. . . today is Sunday. That means the usual morning church service and choir rehearsal(s). I'm working tonight and tomorrow night. Because of this, I hope to get home early this afternoon to have a quick lunch then catch some "ZZZZZZs".
Sabby_NC - You mention that you write some poetry. Have you ever written lyrics for a song. I'm good at writing melodies but not necessarily good at writing lyrics. I'm always looking for someone with the ability to write lyrics. If you have a lyric or two that begs a melody, please feel free to share it my way.
Actually, let this be a general announcement for any creative writing folk, here. If you have lyrics with no melody and wish to collaborate with a "melody maker", please email me and lets attempt to work together to write a song or two. Heck, I can create an entire arrangement, ask my wife (or you or singer) to sing and record the song, and make a mini-project out of this. The topic of the lyrics can be about anything: love, love lost, religious, non-religious, Lucy, The Sky, Diamonds. . . anything.
Well. . . on that note. . . (pun intended). . . I'm off for Second Coffee, a shower, then to church. Hope all who travel here have a WONDERFUL day. Stay safe and warm!
- 2Nov 24, '13 by aknottedyarn GuideGood morning Sabby, Ted and all who stumble in later. Agree that it is cold. We were in the low 20's with heavy wind. I took the dog out wearing her fleece and her new heavy winter coat. Of course my dog has no fur so cold is a huge challenge for her. Two quick stops, a trip to the dumpster and we were back in. The windows just seem to be blowing cold air on me. I have closed the blinds and now wish I had insulated curtains. Normally I just think of them as dust catchers but today they would have earned their keep.
Today I plan to go shopping for a few more ingredients for our dinner. I am going to wait and see if it warms up even a little. Seems like a great day to get a book and snuggle under a quilt.
Have a good day.
- 2Nov 24, '13 by Spidey's mom GuideGood morning - just sent Spidey off to duck hunt with his brother Thor and Thor's best friend Ironman. (Just keeping things incognito).
It is 15 degrees and crystal clear out - should warm up to 57 per weather report. T-shirt and shorts weather!
Might go to Sunday School at 8:30. Church is at 10:00. We'll see.
Spent the day cleaning yesterday - I love wood floor but they are hard to keep clean when your family wears their muddy shoes into the house plus we live on a highway and it seems like I need to dust every single day. I'm so odd - I have to have my house pretty darn clean before we leave on a trip. One, I don't like coming home to a mess. Two, if I die in a car accident or something, I want people coming over to say "Well, at least she kept a clean house".
Rex (the lab pup) was anxious to get outside and run in the yard. Gotta get down to the basement and let the wienies (Marla and Ziggy) out too. DH started a fire when he got up with Spidey to get him ready for hunting so the house is nice and toasty warm (although Spidey couldn't find any boot that fit and wore MY sneakers!!).
Enjoy your day!
- 2Nov 24, '13 by Joe NightingMaleMorning Sabby Ted AKY Steph
It's very cold this morning here too, around 13F. Probably the lowest temperature of the year so far. Though it will be warmer this week.
Decided against the art museum yesterday, I was just there recently. Tried to go outside but it was too cold and windy. Went to my previous neighborhood to visit some favorite stores and do some shopping and eat out, which was nice. Came home and watched movies. Also got some cleaning done as well, it was nice to feel productive.
Today got up late and cooked breakfast, don't do that too often. Going to see my dad later. Was going to spend some time outside but it's probably too cold for that. Going to do some cooking for the week. Will try the exercise bike if my legs have recovered from Friday.
- 4Nov 24, '13 by dianah Asst. Adminaky, in lieu of those "dust-catcher" curtains, you could use either bubble wrap or a roll of silver insulating material we use on the windows in the RV.
Cost is minimal, can cut it to size and it is temporary. Take it down in the mornings or when the cold snap is over.
Ted, congrats on finishing the project!
Hope you can catch a few hours of shuteye before work.
Re: songwriting: I am not gifted in that area. Would be nice to be, but am not. Hope you can hook up with some on this board who are!
Joe, sounds like a nice day.
Watching a movie... what a concept!! I may try it today!
Yesterday we helped out with music at our friend's Sabbath School, then had lunch (just dh and I!) and changed clothes (bundled up!) to head to Oak Glen to watch our friends play, till 3.
We visited with them for about an hour after, came home to eat and let the dog out, then went to a house jam about 20 min away.
Stayed till 1030 or so... was a good jam!
I posted on FB a video the homeowner took of us doing a song.
Insomnia last nite, slept in a little.
It's an errand day today, may end up watching a movie!
Next Sat and Sunday from 8-10am we will be playing gospel music with a friend at Law's Coffee Shop up in Oak Glen.
It's their Apple Butter Festival, and they like as much music in as many places as possible on the mountain.
Y'all have a good one.
- 4Nov 24, '13 by PoopsiebublnoseI just got out of the hospital yesterday. What an awesome set of superdocs are there now. They come from two major medical centers and are current on everything. We have two helicopters that transport patients from the top roof of our medical center. One doctor is on each floor all the time. This is the first time I have been discharged so soon after having pneumonia plus another infection. I AM IMPRESSED. Medical science has come a looooong way.
- 3Nov 24, '13 by EMSnut45Sounds like we're all experiencing the beginnings of winter! Burrrrrrr... I'm not a huge fan of the cold unless it's snowing, which we may get a little of later this week!
I worked lots of OT last week. One day was a long distance transport of 3 1/2 hours one way. I was very glad the ambulance was high tech and had a DVD player! My pediatric pt loved being able to watch their favorite movie (and I may have watched some too ).
I think I cleaned the last of the leaves up just before the cold weather rolled in yesterday. Mom and I got all the shopping done for Thanksgiving.
Today i I have a few quick errands to run, then I'm with everyone else- a good snuggle with a book and the dog is in store!!
- 2Dec 6, '13 by PoopsiebublnoseMy family is all doing well Dianah. On the other hand, although I'm home and doing much better than I was, I still have a way to go. I had a severe case of pneumonia again. that's the 12th time. UGH. However, our hospital now has what's called hospitalists. They're a bunch of physicians who travel, and only work at hospitals. They are the reason why I got out so soon. I am thankful for that. They are FANTASTIC!