Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
- 7Jan 5 by imintroubleI hate the cold. I hate being cold. But looking out my back door at the snow, it's almost worth the cold to look at the beauty. I wish I knew how to attach a picture, as it's as pretty a sight as I've seen in ages.
Maybe someone else can send some pictures of the snow.
Six inches here and still falling.
It's Sunday. I'm not scheduled. I have eggs, milk, bread, and coffee.
It's a darn good day!
- 3I am not sure where in the midwest you are but here in Michigan the stores look like Armageddon is coming. For real no 2% milk last night, empty bread shelves, empty meat counters, etc. It seriously looks like everyone in SE Michigan thought the world was coming to an end. I only went shopping yesterday because I had to. Out of milk, needed something for dinner, etc.
So glad I am off today, and it is snowing away. It is coming down more and more just looking out my front window. So pretty, but I just don't want to go out in it.
There are already schools closed tomorrow and Tuesday when we are supposed to have wind chills down to -40 degrees F.
- 5Jan 5 by Rose_QueenI would rather have the snow you're getting than the freezing rain I've got! Went out to get the paper this morning and found myself ice skating down the front walk and driveway. At least snow offers a bit of traction.
- 3Quote from Susan1012Nope you can keep that all the way up there in Saskatoon!Minus Fifty three Celcius here with the windchill today. As for snow- we have it up to six months of the year! I would be glad to send more your way....
- 3Jan 5 by KelRN215Ugh, hopefully it doesn't head east. We had enough on Thurs/Fri to last for the next few weeks. I got about 14 inches. I hate winter, snow is only pretty for about 15 seconds and then the plows come by and it gets all gross and slushy.
- 3Jan 5 by amoLuciaTo all you snow lovers out there, I'd like to give y''all a big Bronx cheer (raspberries)!!!
SOMEBODY has to drive to work; and while I think I try to be careful and have been lucky, it's all the other knuts out there that cause me to worry. And then it's all the innocents that get hurt.
If all the knuts would just stay off the road ... why do people just insist that they just HAVE TO go out & drive? My Dad used to absolutely tempt the fates by driving in the worst weather. For what? A mark of his manhood? Like he was daring the gods that be ... like Forrest Gump's Lt. Dan in the boat's riggings during the hurricane as he was yelling at the storm!
PLEASE, NO SNOW!!