Happy Friday January 3rd 2014
- 5Jan 3 by herring_RN GuideIt is still Thursday here.
I'm going to work soon. CCU I think. I was full time there for 30 years.
A few old friends and many newer ones working on that unit.Many born after i earned my RN. The amazing things they will do and see! Wonderful nurses!
Have a good day.
- 5Jan 3 by Davey Do GuideGood Morning, All.
It's been Busy both at Work and Home which has left Little Time for me to Practise my Art of being an Antagonist.
However, I continue to Drink my Can of Daily Supplemental Sass so I will be in Shape when the Opportunity Arises!
Here's to Working like I was going to Live a 100 Years and Playing (or is it "Praying"?) like I was going to Die Tomorrow!
- 4Jan 3 by Sabby_NC, BSN, RNGood Morning Herring, Davey and all who pop in,
Poor nights rest due to the howling winds overnight. It is going to be a frigid day driving around to visit my patients.
Great day with a heap of visits taken care of yesterday was busy but got it all done including an emergent visit with a patient on the floor. Would have been prevented if the patient had followed this RN's advice. hahahaha never mind all turned out well. *sighs*
Picking up an extra patient to visit for a colleague as well today.
So glad we are staying in this weekend, my plan is to get the groceries on the way home, then cook away, stock up the freezer and just relax.
Doubt we will walk the dogs if it is going to be as cold and windy because that will be down right miserable for us all. Dogs ran out this morning but soon came a knocking on the door to get back in.
I will leave the dogs inside this morning and come home at lunch time to let them out to run around etc before leaving them inside while I finish off my day. It is way too cold for the smaller dog as his fur is not thick and would get very cold very quickly. I know they have nice warm kennels but I would rather know they are safe and warm in their doggie beds inside.
Hope you all have a most excellent day, safe while out driving and for those with dreadful snow etc please be careful.
Much love to you all.
- 4Jan 3 by Ted, BSN, RNMorning. . . Good. . . (It's all relative)
At work. Was just "playing" down in the E.R. with only one patient needing attention. Patient is being discharged home (by the E.R. Nurse). There's only one patient in our teeny-tiny ICU and the other ICU nurse is providing care for him. I'm monitoring one telemetry patient who's out on the Med/Surg floor. He's safely sleeping with his heart a-beatin' (rate in the 60s).
It's snowing outside. With all of the local news stations saying that we're going to get piles and piles of snow, so far I see only about 3 or 4 inches on the ground, at the most. With only about an inch of snow on the ground earlier this evening, the commute to work was quite slippery. I safely made the commute to work without incident because I was driving like a little old lady. LOL! Work has been "Q" until the one E.R. patient came needing some attention and pain medication. Know that I work in the ICU. But when there's only patient and two nurses in our teeny-tiny unit and there's an opportunity to help out in the E.R., I usually go down there and lend a hand as needed.
It's currently 5:00 AM (EST) and there's only 2 more hours until the shift ends. I'm guessing that the commute home will be slow as the commute to work.
Hope all who travel here have a safe and pleasant day.
TedLast edit by Ted on Jan 3
- 3Jan 3 by BCgradnurse GuideGood morning! The snow has just about stopped. It looks like we got about a foot, so that's not so bad. We didn't get the high winds thankfully, so we all still have electricity. It's bitter cold, and I mind that more than the snow. I don't have to go anywhere today, so I'll put on a pot of soup and let it cook all day. DS has been out all night shoveling with a friend's landscape company. DD has a bad cold and is still asleep.
Off to make breakfast and contemplate shoveling. Hope everyone has a great day.
- 3Jan 3 by Joe NightingMaleMorning herring Davey Ted Sabby BC
Was feeling sick at work yesterday... kind of that exhausted, dizzy, aching feeling you get with the flu... so I left early. Still not feeling that great today so I'm off today as well. I'm sure the work will pile up, but it doesn't matter as I'm already behind and I'm going to start looking for a new job this weekend.
It's also given me inspiration for a resolution for the new year: "SLOW DOWN". I think I often set unrealistic goals and let my passion drive me too far. And I think it's a big part of why this job has been so stressful. So I want to make changing that a goal for the new year.
Not much planned for today. If I feel well enough I'm going to do the shopping later, although with all of the blowing snow it could prove difficult. Going to pay some bills and also get ready for the job search, to start this weekend. I think starting the job search may reduce the stress as well.
- 3Jan 3 by aknottedyarnGood morning. It is still only 14* here. We got maybe 4 inches of snow. We have wind also. When I started to get my dog's coat out she just looked at me as if I were nuts. She hates cold, wind and runs so fast in the snow I have not decided if it because she enjoys it or if she wants her feet out of the snow. In any event. She was not about to go out this morning. She can go on her papers and probably will when I am busy. She is quite private about this and hates to have to use the papers, but it beats going out in this stuff. How she knows how it is outside I don't know, but she knows.
I have a pot of beans happily simmering in the crock pot. Later I will make corn bread to go with it.
I am going to be studying how to do more in Excel. I need more skills in that program. Good day to study.
Have a good day.
- 3Jan 3 by Spidey's mom, ADN, BSN, RN GuideGood morning - I was watching the news last night and the weather reports about all you East Coast folks. Brrrrr.
So far, we've had dry and warm conditions although we desperately need some rain/snow. I'm not all that concerned about it of course as I prefer it not to be cold, windy, rainy, snowy. Selfish I know.
Spidey and dh out getting firewood. I'm staying in the valley today - checking on my father-in-law off and on because my mother-in-law went to the big city with her daughter (a well-deserved break from caretaking role). My father-in-law's dementia is getting worse although not violent. He won't let his wife out of his sight. He keeps loading up the fireplace with wood so it is too hot in the house. He locks all the doors and they have never locked up their house. He asks the same questions over and over. You can tell yourself he can't help it and try not to get irritated but even the best person needs a break now and then. So, off she goes to buy herself new shoes and I'm sure her daughter will take her out to a nice lunch.
I'll probably focus on getting everything ready for starting my second job again next week. It has been so nice to only work one job.
All the dogs are out chasing traffic along the fence . . . .
Enjoy your Friday!
- 1Jan 4 by Spidey's mom, ADN, BSN, RN GuideLIVE TWEETS: 'Dateline' takes up Duenas case » Redding Record Searchlight
Pretty frustrating take on a local case where a nursing student was murdered. So much left out of the story on Dateline tonight.
The husband IS guilty - and the Dateline folks didn't do a very good job of telling the real story.
Well, I'm off call and besides being not happy with the faulty portrayal of a local nursing student who was killed . . . .I'm having a decent night.
See you all in the morning for coffee.