Do you tip the flower delivery dude?Register Today!
- by Marie_LPN, RN Feb 16, '06If flowers are delivered to your home, sent from someone else, do you tip the delivery person?
- Feb 16, '06 by KatnipWhenever I get them, the guy walks away before I can even get a chance to get a tip.
I'm sure you're supposed to, but they never wait around long enough. Besides, half the time I don't have the cash or have a 20, which I'm not giving.
- Feb 16, '06 by TheCommuterI personally believe in tipping all service people (waiters, hair stylists, manicurists, etc.) and delivery people (pizza guys, flower guys, and furniture delivery people).
- Feb 16, '06 by arciedeeHmm... IMHO I would say "no". I agree with TheCommuter re: pizza, furniture, newspaper, etc., but those are things you ASKED for them to bring to your house. The flowers were a gift from someone else, in which case it would seem strange to me that I would have to pay to accept a gift. Plus, if you're not expecting them how would you know to be prepared to have the right amount of cash on hand? (I tend to not carry much cash on me unless I know I need it).
- Feb 16, '06 by Marie_LPN, RNPlus, if you're not expecting them how would you know to be prepared to have the right amount of cash on hand?
- Feb 16, '06 by fergus51I would say no too. I tip people whose services I've sought out, but I don't tip the fed-ex guy or a delivery man bringing a gift.
- Feb 16, '06 by s and tI never have...Well, unless you count dh and he expects at least a kiss! :chuckle
- Feb 17, '06 by elizabellsI tip anyone who comes to my door (to bring me stuff) under the following circumstances:
I have a couple bucks on me. If I wasn't expecting them, I'm not going to make them wait while I hunt around for singles.
They aren't creepy. We have grocery delivery here in NY (FreshDirect) and I had to stop ordering from them bc the guy for my area (and it was always the same guy) was reeeeeally creepy. Like, he'd make comments on decorating changes I'd made to my apt since the last time he was there. I'm a young, small woman living alone. You do not get to come to my house anymore, creepy guy!