Any Myers Briggs personality test takers? - page 4
by cannolis 15,622 Views | 80 Comments
A student here curious to see if there are any ENTJ / INTJ / ENTP / INTP personalities in the nursing field? If so where do you work/ what is your specialty? If you haven't taken the test, you can take it here: I've... Read More
- 1Sep 8, '12 by ktlizQuote from hiddencatRNHidden cat, I am exactly the same. INFP here, with INTP as a close second, and have always tested this way. I am looking forward to starting a position in the 18-bed MICU/SICU where I had my clinicals for school. The acuity can be very high, but since it is a a smaller campus with only 1 step down unit, they do have some walkie-talkies that stay in the ICU a little longer until discharge or transfer. I think it will be a perfect mix of tasks, critical thinking, and socialization for me!
I love people and am social, chat and get to know my coworkers, love throwing parties, but I need alone time with my thoughts to relax. Being alone comes naturally, reaching out to others requires more effort.
- 2Sep 8, '12 by Wrench PartyI'm an INTJ through and through. I've known this since I was a teenager and took the test for the first time.
I love being social, but in small groups for shorter amounts of time. I find large groups and hours of 'togetherness'
to be smothering. I also don't sit on making decisions when I feel like I have all the facts.
I'm looking to eventually end up in a specialty that has a small, tight team around it with fewer patients I can pay a lot of
attention to- perhaps ICU, OR or step down.
- 0Sep 8, '12 by DespareuxINTJ. The first time I took the test, it was administered for experimental purposes by a psychologist. I was told the results are highly accurate and may change over time. Even though I have take different variations of this test throughout the years, my results are always the same. Very interesting and I believe the results.
I even had one of my daughters take a children's version; hers was spot on and she agreed with the results.
- 2Sep 8, '12 by Kittypower123The link you posted is to a rather short version. I've taken a longer version and came up INFJ/P. I work in LTC and love older adults. I'm kind of an enigma. At work I am extremely organized, neat and precise - at home I'm much more relaxed. I'm adaptable, but I hate surprises and I can be spontaneous, but I need a day's notice.
- 0Sep 8, '12 by frylockholmesI'm an ENFJ, and I work L&D and ER(L&D is my passion, though). I'm wanting to go back to school to become a certified nurse midwife. My sister-in-law(INFJ) is a self proclaimed expert on these personality things and she always told me I was an ENFJ, but I never took the quiz, just read about it... so I took that quiz, and it said I was an ENFJ! I guess she was right. It's funny because reading through all those, I didn't see a single ENFP(my husband's type), and it makes since because I know 2 other people with that personality type and they all say they would NEVER want to be a nurse. Interesting...
- 1Sep 8, '12 by DawnJINTJ
Glad to see so many other INTJs since I was a little nervous going into nursing school that I might not have a great personality for nursing. I plan to do more administrative work over bedside nursing anyway but it is good to see that I may have other areas I could do well in