What is your favorite Bible verse?Register Today!
- by havehope Sep 25Of course, I have a lot of favorite Bible verses. However, I choose my favorite two. :-)
"Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth. After all, we brought nothing with us when we came into the world, and we canít take anything with us when we leave it." Timothy 6:6-7
"The world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come." Hebrews 13:14
So, what is your favorite Bible verse?
- Sep 26 by aknottedyarnI am not a Bible scholar and never learned verses. Here is one I like:
For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Galatians 5:13-14 (NASB)
- Sep 26 by Griffin123I'd have to say Ecclesiastes 12:1-7. Ecclesiastes 12 KJV - Remember now thy Creator in the days of - Bible Gateway
- Sep 27 by Sabby_NCQuote from TheCommuterSpot on- this is mine to Commuter.I am not devoutly religious, but I am spiritual and believe in God and the power of prayer. My favorite biblical verse is the following:
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13
- Sep 27 by VivaLasViejas"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". Hebrews 11:1
Third chapter of Ecclesiastes: "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven".....etc.
"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". Joshua 24:15
- Sep 28 by FranemtnurseOh I have so many. These are 3 from the New Living study Bible
1. Treat a child in the way he should go, and even though he may depart from it for a short while, he will return. Proverbs
2. Rev. 21:1-7 This is about out future if we remain loyal
3. Hebrews chapters 3 & 4 complement Rev 21
- Sep 30 by imintroubleBeing Catholic, I wasn't raised reading a lot of the bible. I don't know specific passages or verses.
One of my most treasured memories is midnight mass on Christmas Eve, (when you actually went to church at midnight). It was cold, the lights were lowered, and the bible account of the birth of Jesus was read. It was beautiful.