If Marijuanna was legalized, would you "partake"?
- 3Nov 30, '11 by linzjane88I had a dream last night where a friends brought me a plate of pot brownies. I kept saying "No-- I can't-- I will get in trouble" (I can't even loosen up in a dream!). But suddenly I looked over and I had eaten the whole plate. That realization was followed by me leaving for work and being drug tested and trying to think of excuses as to why I tested +. I woke up from that dream stressed out!
Kinda got me thinking. If it was legalized and treated just as alcohol was I think I would be okay with it. I wouldn't smoke it because I am not into smoking. But I think I would eat it in something.
That being said I have never had any dealings with the stuff and don't have any friends who did. If I decided I wanted some I wouldn't even know how to get it. Althought I guess I did float the river this past summer and a group floating along past us offered us their bong. My eyes got to be the size of dinner plates and I looked over at my husband who smiled and gave me the look of "Yes honey, thats a real life bong. It's going to be okay. Paddle faster." Sometimes it hurts to be this sheltered
- 6,157 Visits
- 4Nov 30, '11 by aknottedyarn GuideI used to partake when a dime bag was 1/4 oz. it was different then. In the dark ages it was more like a beer or two without all the BR stops.
I would not now, at least not for pleasure. If there were a medical reason to use, you bet I would. It helped people I know when they were dying from cancer.
It is not worth the legal problems and I don't need or want the feelings so, not likely.
- 2Nov 30, '11 by linzjane88Interesting. My thoughts are that since my body dislikes alcohol I should get SOMETHING. Want to see me puke? Give me a drink. Just one--its sad.Half an hour of tipsy isn't worth an entire evening of nausea. Everyone else gets to have all the fun!
Since I don't actually know how I'd feel going Cheech and Chong style I guess I can't say that with 100% certainty.
- 17Dec 1, '11 by VivaLasViejas GuideWell.........here's a perspective from an EX-pothead, who's an "ex" only because using marijuana---even with a medical-marijuana card---is not compatible with holding a nursing license in my state.
I smoked on and off for many years, not really stopping entirely (and permanently) until about five years ago. The reason I finally stopped altogether was the story of an RN in a nearby town who not only lost his job, but had to forfeit his license because of his pot use; I decided then that I preferred to be able to pay my bills and enjoy life rather than sit around smoking weed. Even though it helped me with my migraine headaches, back pain, and sleep issues for years, and nothing else I'd tried was as effective: I had a choice, and I chose to be a nurse who didn't have to worry about producing a dirty UA.
If I were retired, I'd go back to at least casual use in a New York minute; but I don't need any substance badly enough to risk losing my hard-won RN license over it. I may not agree with the government's position on marijuana, but it doesn't really matter whether I agree with it or not, I just have to abide by it.
- 4Dec 1, '11 by poopprincessNope. Did enough of that in my teenage years-I was a full blown pot-head for a longggg time. I used to love the feeling but I tried it again in my mid twenties and I had an all out panic attack. I guess when I quit I became a total control freak. Anyways-it made me lazy and I didn't care about anything. I can't think of anything positive that came from it other than it is great for insomnia. Even if it was legal, I like my energy and my sanity. I haven't ever missed it.
Personally, I'll just stick with my beer.
- 6Dec 1, '11 by xtxrnNO.
I spend a good chunk of time working on being alert (epilepsy, dysautonomia, multiple meds).
I loathe feeling foggy.
I also watched potheads in the alcohol/drug rehab place where I worked. Ever wanna watch the human equivalent of paint drying? Watch a hardcore user sit in a room for 3 days, having no clue that time is passing, and only a vague awareness that he/she is among strangers in a TREATMENT center, and that pretty well is advertising of its own.
Dingus Batticus. Big time.
I've heard various things about Marinol- I've given it- don't remember what the result was. If there was a way for "medical marijuana" to be purified, and not smoked/used in the raw form, I'd be very open to it being used as a standard medication.... digoxin comes from foxglove, metformin from gila monster spit (or some such thing)... if it has true benefit- harness it, and use it.